Dallas Water Birth: The benefits of laboring and birthing in the water at a birth center or at home are tremendous.
Studies show that water birth:
- Reduces trauma to the perineum and eliminates episiotomies
- Conserves the mother’s energy
- Reduces the rate of cesarean section
- Provides dramatic pain relief
- Provides a calming and relaxing effect
- Reduces blood pressure
- Allows the mother to move more freely and assume different positions comfortably
- Lessens the time of labor
The effect of laboring and birthing in the water allows the mother to experience the floating and weightless effect that water gives. A woman’s body automatically relaxes, fear subsides and the laboring woman is often instantly put at ease the moment she steps into a warm tub.
If you are considering a birth at home or in a birth center, please contact us to learn more! We offer water birth at our Birth Center in Grapevine or in your home in Dallas, Irving, Fort Worth, Keller, Flower Mound, and many cities in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex.
Read more about the benefits of birthing hand laboring in water here.